frenetic (frɪˈnɛtɪk) — adj distracted or frantic; frenzied
Frenetic. That pretty much sums up this morning’s commute. I don’t know if it was the cold weather. Perhaps it is just that we’re two weeks past New Year’s and the holiday spirit was worn off. Maybe there is something about a Monday falling on the 14th. I don’t think it was me. Didn’t change anything on my side but my fellow road users seemed just a little more impatient and cranky. Lots of exaggerated engine revving. Lots of erratic lane changes in attempts to get ahead. And it might be that it has been some time since I stuck my two wheels into morning commute traffic but the volume of cars and trucks seemed higher.
Could be that my senses were a little dulled by the cold this morning. Low 30s with substantial wind.
Focus on the positive
- Despite the biting cold there were a lot of hearty bicycle travelers out this morning. Including a dude taking his daughter to school in a trailer.
- Breakfast tacos from El Chilito (potato, bacon and egg).
- Smugness. Brought on by astonished looks of drivers and passengers seeing me brave the wind chill.
- Stronger legs and heart fighting a headwind returning home.
- Good shop at Yellow Bike.
Need to wrap this post up. Heading back to Yellow Bike. Substituting for a friend with an injured son. Grease. Tools. Bikes. Awesome people.